Sunday, March 18, 2007

NIKHIL ACHARYA

NIKHIL ACHARYA
186, Road no: 8, Dhanalaksmi Colony,
Mahendra Hills, Secunderabad-500026, INDIA.

Mobile : +91-98852-91132
Phone: +91-40-27730288/27733887

E-mail: nikhilacharya@rediffmail.com
: nikhilacharyafilms@gmail.com


BIO-FILMOGRAPHY

1) Name: NIKHIL ACHARYA

2) Date of Birth: 10-10-1987

3) FILMOGRAPHY:

 Started short-filmmaking in 2004.
 Short films written, directed and edited:

1. “the faint project”
2. The Jog
3. innosense
4. Happenstance
5. The Sign on the Wall
6. “Hypocrisy”
7. I Wish… (Assistant Director & Script Associate)
8. Colorblind (made for the Irmas Summit in L.A.)

 The ONLY Indian teen filmmaker selected to participate in the Irmas International Youth Media Summit, in Los Angeles in July 2006.
 “The Jog” was premiered by ‘Short Cuts’ (a mini short film festival, in Hyderabad) at the Prasads’ Preview Theatre, Hyderabad, on 16th October 2005.
 “The Jog” was also selected for screening at the Global Young Leaders’ Conference, held in Washington D.C., in June 2005, and was appreciated by young scholars from different countries.
 “The Jog” has also been archived by the Washington Peace Center, USA.
 The Sign on the Wall was screened at the Global NRI Meet (Pravasi Bhartiya Divas) in Jan. ’06, in Hyderabad.








4) Contact Address: 186, Road no: 8, Dhanalakshmi Colony,
Mahendra Hills,
Secunderabad-500026.

Phone: +91-98852-91132
+91-40-27730288/27733887
E-mail: nikhilacharya@rediffmail.com
Web : www.nikhilacharyafilms.org


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TEEN TALK # 1

From Irani chai to Mochachinnos, Hyderabad sure has come a long way. And so has her youth. So what DOES it mean to be a teenager growing up in this city which is changing at a ‘speed-of-thought’ pace? Well, I hope I can answer this question in this column. And if I can’t…Hey, I’m just a teen! But getting down to the subject at hand, it’s first important to know the backgrounds of the teens and kids in Hyderabad.

Hyderabad has always had a very diverse background itself. From Muslims to Sindhis, Parsis to Tamilians, Punjabis to Telegus, even Marwadis to Bengalis, Hyderabad has been blessed with a rich and diverse range of ‘dudes and dudettes’ (as any teen would say!) Also add to this list, the Anglo-Indians, mostly from Secunderabad Cantonment, and you’ve got yourself a real khichidi. And the youth today, are taking the full advantage of this fusion of cultures.

The IT & BPO boom has added a new dimension to the Hyderabadi Youth Culture. And that’s simply this. No more “well-oiled-hair” geeks with “mile-high trousers”. You’ll find the most fashion-conscious, low-rise loving, ipod-crazy teens in every part of the city. And if you’re wondering whatever happened to the ‘tehzeeb’ and ‘nawaabi’ ways of Hyderabad, don’t worry. It has most definitely survived the pop culture that seems to have ‘infected’ everyone, like an epidemic.

We, the teens of Hyderabad, are extremely proud of our roots, and more so, the cuisine of our roots- Biryani. Anyone, no matter if you’re sporting a Patek Phillipe or nothing at all, will tell you, how delicious Biryani is. They will also tell you their very own favorite place of getting this unique dish, and this may vary as much as, the number of spices used in our rich Andhra curries (which is to say, MANY!).

So, in an essence, what I’m trying to get to is Hyderabad’s youth is an absolute reflection of the transition Hyderabad is making, as the capital of the Nizams, to the next Singapore of Asia. We are all reflections of modernity and progress, yet we have not forgotten our values, and our traditions. And that, to me, is a winning combination.
So until the next time, Aadab, Namaskaram and Peace Out!


Teen Talk # 2


So April’s finally here. The month of sultry days and Martini cocktails. The month of cosy siestas, melting choco ice-cream and of course, the month of making splashes in swimming pools. But for teens, March-April means a whole lot more than incredibly hot weather. You see, there are a few things in teen-life which make us, teenagers, sit up all night staring gawky-eyed at a book, which make us skip meals (and those amazing parties too!), or which make us wish we hadn’t bunked that class in which your teacher explained a concept which is now clearly looking like something aliens would love to chat about over dinner! Yup, you guessed it. March & April mean EXAMS, a.k.a “the unspeakable ones”.

They’re everywhere, invading all teen homes and heads. Questions & Answers. Marks & Grades. Guides & Revision. Exams become the only thing on all the otherwise-bindaas teenagers’ minds. And it doesn’t end with them though. Even their parents are obsessed with Exams. They start making “brainy” meals, so that the answers stick better to their teen’s head. They become automatic chimes, reminding us each hour, that you have that much lesser time to finish your portions. They even start to give us remedies for (the usually easily-manageable or non-existent) stress, which is something they create in the first place! And that, to me, is something that absolutely kills a teenager’s confidence and adversely affects his or her performance. When the folks seem to be more stressed out than you are, and are taking a look at their bank accounts for the donations they think they’ll need for your admissions, you know you’re in deep trouble!

But on a more serious note, exams have always fascinated me. It’s like a mock simulation to all the trials and tribulations, we all face in the real world. Whether you’re 18 or 80, I feel there’s always an exam round the corner. It could be financial trouble, an illness, the loss of a loved one or simply something, that’s going to dictate the course of your life. And so, for this reason, exams are important. Because apart from being an absolute pain in the neck, exams also teach us a very valuable lesson- to really succeed, you’ve got to know how to fake it, or cheat through it! Just kidding, of course! As we all know, there is no substitute for good ol’ hard work, don’t we? Anyway, here’s wishing each and every one of you, from a student pouring over math formulae, to a Businessman filing your tax returns, all the very best. I hope to see you on the other side of my exams, all in one piece! Cheers!


TEEN TALK # 3

So the exams are finally over. Finally, the indiscriminate revelry, non-stop parties, and of course, the pure joy of waking up at midday, each and every day, can begin. And when you have so much of time - a commodity in very short supply throughout the academic or working year, you begin to evolve into an absolutely different creature, at least temporarily. Eating dinner at 2 a.m. doesn’t seem to be so abnormal any more. Spending 25 minutes in the shower is natural. Being too lazy to walk all the way to the fridge to get a bottle of cold water is a common symptom of ‘vacation-pox’. Another common feature of this strange-yet-lovable disease is the increase in the frequency of eating out and watching films. Well, at least for me, whenever I’m down with it!

Speaking of films, I saw an incredible film the other day - Crash. Apart from winning the Best Picture Oscar this year, this film has got a lot of people talking about a touchy subject – racism. And the most amazing part of the film is the way the writer-director Paul Higgis, has dealt with the complexities and multi-dimensional elements of everyday life in Los Angeles. It got me thinking. Is racism a simple ‘black & white’ thing, or does it have a shade of grey? The answer, I found (even in the film), is YES. Racism and discrimination aren’t as simple as they look. Racism isn’t always about hate crimes, and a white person being prejudiced against people of color. It’s a whole lot more complicated than that.

In a city like Hyderabad, where people of different nationalities and cultures are becoming an integral part of the social fabric, a subject like prejudiced behavior and racism is very much relevant. Take my own college for example. A lot of Africans in my class haven’t been completely accepted by my classmates and the same goes with anyone else from any other nationality. However, it is indeed interesting to watch the overly submissive behavior of Hyderabadis with the goraas or angrezis. And it made me realize that the prejudices against the Africans and Chinese, and the appreciation of all things ‘white’ goes back to the images of these races and communities projected by American television.


So am I saying that American T.V. is racist? Not at all. I’m simply saying that when a city like Hyderabad is going through a tremendous change from the laid-back ‘biryani-city’ to the bustling ‘Global IT & BPO Destination’, it’ll definitely take some time for the citizens of Hyderabad to adjust to this sudden globalization. And the most that Hyderabadis know about Africans, Chinese, Koreans, French, Germans and Americans is what they see and hear on American T.V. channels. So, what I’m trying to get at is that, with the way Hyderabad is developing, issues like Racism will soon become apparent, and it is about time we started to embrace the opening up of Hyd to the World. Hyderabad is changing, and so must her people. It is crucial for the real development of Hyderabad into a truly International & Cosmopolitan city. And given the diverse mix of communities & religions in our great city, I’m sure that Hyderabadis will soon welcome every culture, with open arms…

TEEN TALK # 4


Got inked?

I did something this summer that I’ve always wanted to do since I was a teen. I did something that I will never forget. Never ever. It’s something permanent. It’s something edgy. It’s so me.

Guess what, people? I got inked! For the uninitiated, that means I got tattooed! Finally, a permanent tattoo, that’s gonna be peering out of my chest for the rest of my life.

You see, getting a tattoo is not as simple as it seems. First comes the breaking of the (according to the elders, at least) sad news that you want to get a tattoo done. The next stage can vary quite extremely. It could range anywhere from discussing the tattoo and its ‘spot’ with your folks (as in my case!), to finding a new house to live in! Then we have the quirky and ridiculous stuff you get to hear when your Mom or Grandma are trying to convince you to give up the crazy notion, which is in itself as unique an experience, as getting tattooed.

First the whole ‘it’s-just-a-phase’ argument comes along, but pretty soon when you get really serious about it, that gets thrown out of the window, and we move along to phase 2.
This phase is the ‘is-the-pain-worth-it?’ phase. If you survive this round, you’ll have to get ready for the finale-the ‘blackmail’ round, which is designed to break you in every way possible. Still standing? GREAT. NOW you’re ready to get tattooed.

But are you really? The question you must ask yourself is, WHY? To find out if you should really get it done, take this quick test. Are you getting inked because:

a) Your worked out bicep would look cooler with a funky design.
b) Your best buddy has or is getting it done.
c) Everyone in college will be talking about it.
d) Members of the opposite sex will get attracted to you automatically.

If you answered ‘YES’ to any of the above questions, DO NOT GET A TATTOO YET!

I don’t want to sound too clichéd, but the fact is, a tattoo is something you’ll grow old with, even when your skin becomes as loose as stringy mozzarella cheese. Unless the tattoo has a deep emotional connection with you, and you know what you want very clearly before you walk into the Tattoo Parlor, you will regret getting a permanent tattoo. It’s something that should come from within you, and something you deeply believe in. Because after all, it’s something you’ll bleed for! Literally!


TEEN TALK 5


So I walk into a restaurant the other day, and I see balls everywhere! Now before you start getting (naughty!) ideas, let me put it into context. I’m talking about people staying up till early morning watching a couple of dudes kick a ball around. I’m talking about countless conversation pieces on how a particular strategy should have been implemented by a Team. I’m talking about wearing brightly colored jerseys, and learning the official Team song. Yes, folks…I’m talking about FOOTBALL! The mother of all games which unites people from around the world, and at the same time, it also becomes the reason for bar brawls and some rather oafish behavior on the streets of various football-crazy cities!

There is nothing that compares to the Football World Cup. Absolutely nothing. And sitting in that restaurant, eating a beautifully roasted chicken breast, I wonder. What’s so special about football that some people actually sit for about 100 mins. glued to the Tele, drinking their favorite alcoholic beverage and screaming like newborns when their next-to-god striker nets a ball in and consequently cart wheels around with his team-mates?

Well, the answer lies in the larger than life attribute of the World Cup. It is the sheer scale of the entire event, which makes it incomparable to any other Sporting Tournament. Right from the huge stadiums, to the thousands of fans, football is HUGE. For once, a World Cup is really that- WORLD in a cup! For about two months, football-frenzied people converge at one country. They cheer with each other, hurl four-lettered words at each other when they’re losing and of course, cry with joy when their boys win the battles. Watching the teams enter into the battlefield, dressed in their brightest of armor, and waving to their millions of supporters, is a feeling which surpasses any other. It is truly, a sight to behold, when the national anthems are sung and one can see some of the supporters crying their eyes out, when their patriotism spills over. The Favorites against the Underdogs. The Experienced against the First-Timers. Even some of the First World countries against a few under-developed ones. The playing field is level, at least for once. And in the duration of a little over 90 mins, all scores will be settled. It’s what I like to call, the Dead Zone. Each player begs his heart to pump more blood into his exhausted veins, all for the sake of honor and victory for his Country. And what’s even more heartening, is the unwavering support of the all those people down with Football-Fever, shouting their lungs out, and chanting the names and anthems of their teams. Yes, this is the stage that the whole world is watching, and even though India’s not playing, I won’t regret losing a couple of winks for the Greatest Show on Earth! Happy Footballing!


TEEN TALK # 6


Colleges have re-opened. Office hours are getting longer. Traffic is getting worse. Partying has stopped. Life’s basically beginning to suck. Add to that, the debilitating rains and of course, the latest rage that’s spreading ‘feverishly’ around town- the mysterious and brand new Monsoon epidemic- Chikungunya (By the way, I was down with it for about 2 weeks, and believe me, it is dreadful!) So why am I sounding so depressed?

Well let me begin with my first complaint. The banning of The Da Vinci Code. Yes I’ve read the book. No, I have NOT gone to any fan sites, nor do I know Dan Brown on a first-name basis, but the whole idea of banning a film like the Da Vinci Code is simply unacceptable to me. In fact, in an ideal world, no film should be banned. Ask any filmmaker, and he or she will tell you that. But as I said earlier, the world is becoming anything BUT a fair and happy place to live in. There are two facts that rubbish the whole idea of banning this film. The first is that NO predominantly Christian dominated nation has banned the Da Vinci Code. Not even Italy. And the second fact is that nobody is forcing anybody to go and watch the film. It is purely up to the (I presume!) mature brain of the adult, who either wants or does not want to watch the film. So this entire banning fiasco is one big vote bank stunt.

Another issue that’s really got me worried is how intolerant Hyderabadis are becoming nowadays. People in Hyderabad pride themselves in being very modern and forward thinking people. But most of them showed their true colors when I did something absolutely whacky like get a Mohican hairstyle done. If you’re not quite sure as to what I’m talking about, think Beckham, but in the last World Cup. It’s a punk thing, and being a punk is not easy in Hyderabad, unfortunately. In fact, I think it’s not easy anywhere, for that matter. After all, in every society, there invariably has to be a rebel, a punk. But what really gets to me is how narrow-minded people are starting to get around here. And being a Hyderabadi myself, this really concerns me. If we are to put Hyderabad on the Global Map, (and thus convince Starbucks to set up shop!) we have to expand our horizons and shed our conservative and out-dated beliefs.


I do blame the education system partly for this. With little or no exposure to foreign customs and cultures in the curriculum taught in Schools & Colleges, it is no wonder that more and more Hyderabadis are not willing to accept anything outside their box. Even in discos, almost everyone wants the same Bollywood hits again and again! This is ridiculous! Most Hyderabadis are not willing to let go and they certainly don’t want to explore unchartered territory. And this is something that really needs to change quickly. Otherwise, it’ll be just another (clichéd!) case of the good ol’ frog in the well!

So, shed your inhibitions Hyderabad, and live! C’est la vie!


TEEN TALK # 7

Sunset Boulevard. Walk of Fame. Kodak & Chinese Theatre. Hollywood. Just some of the places I was chilling in the last week of July. Yup, that’s right. From July 21st to the 1st of August, I was cooling off my heels in Los Angeles. Well, at least that’s what I thought I would be doing. Little did I know that I was soon going to experience a crazy heat wave which took the mercury up in L.A. to an unbelievable 50°C! That’s a record high for California, which is normally quite warm but not this hot!

But anyway, coming to the reason why I was sweating my shorts off in L.A., I was representing India in the “V7 Seven Voices In Time” International Teen Media Summit, which brought 26 teen filmmakers from all over the world to speak out and to create awareness on the seven issues that most impact our future: Racism, Poverty, War & Violence, Health, Environment, Women’s Rights & Youth Empowerment. The Summit was organized by The Teen International Media Exchange (T.I.M.E.), which is supported by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, as well as The Audrey & Syndney Irmas Foundation. I was the only Indian Teen Filmmaker selected to participate in the Summit, so I knew this would be an awesome opportunity to make both India & Hyderabad proud.

As a part of my involvement in the V7 Summit, I was asked to make a 2 minute film on Racism, which turned out to be an amazing experience which involved working with people from different nationalities and cultures, right here in Hyderabad! The same kind of ‘unity in diversity’ feeling extended during the Summit, where I interacted with other teen filmmakers from Sweden, Scotland, Germany, Sierra Leone, Australia, Indonesia and the list just goes on and on. In other words, the Summit was a true melting pot of teen filmmakers, and we all not only learnt a lot about the issues we were dealing with, but also from understanding and bonding with each other. I got to visit various Organisations & Museums which deal with the history of Racism in America & the World, and are also actively involved in identifying and solving problems arising out of Racial Discrimination. The culmination of the Summit was all of us making seven 1 minute Public Service Announcements on the Issues being dealt with in the Summit.

During the course of the Summit, the delegates also got a chance to savor the L.A. style of Life. From the lovely Santa Monica Beach, to the trendy Beverly Hills, L.A. is a huge city with its own distinct spirit. L.A. is also quite similar to Mumbai in a couple of respects- the first being that both these cities are the bases for the Hollywood & Bollywood film Industries, and are therefore a city where many people try to fulfill their dreams of making it big in Showbiz. Another parallel I can draw between these cities is the sheer gap between the poor & the rich in these cities. One can find the poorest & the richest of the rich in both these cities. In these respects, both L.A. & Mumbai are very alike. But some of the things about L.A. that really freaked me out were the Traffic problems and the serious Law & Order issue of gun-wielding Gangs. All in all, L.A. is simply unique. I got to see different sides of L.A.- from the ‘American Dream’ of flashy Porsches and Valentino shades, to the hard, street life of Gangs, Gun Culture and Poverty. This is exactly what I love & hate about L.A.- the sheer contradictions of this amazing city.

Finally, getting to what I’ll miss the most about the Summit will be the countless friends I’ve made along the way. I feel like my extended family is now scattered all across the world, and I only wish that, one day, maybe 2 or 20 years down the line, we all re-unite and reminisce all those amazing moments we shared during our 10 days in Hollywood. In the end, I’d like to end with none other than Madonna’s lyrics from the song Hollywood, which to me, sums up my adventure in L.A.- “Everybody comes to Hollywood, They wanna make it in the neighbourhood!”


TEEN TALK # 8

October has always been an important month in the calendar for me. The reasons are numerous, but the top 3 are- 1) It’s the month in which my parents were born. 2) It’s the month in which schools and colleges usually have holidays, which is extra special for me because 3) 10th of October is when I started to chill on this planet! Yeah, that’s right! I was born in this awesome month. Nobody messes with my mood during this beautiful month. But off late, especially after I’ve grown up (I hope!) I’ve added another reason why October means so much to me. And that is the 2nd of October, the day Mahatma Gandhi was born. Now I know what you guys are thinking-here we go again with all the clichéd ‘Respect the Father of the Nation’ lecture, and how he is the reason why India got her freedom from the British. But I’m here to not only re-affirm the previously mentioned things, but also to figure out as to how exactly the Gandhian philosophy of truth and non-violence apply in these modern times of Terrorism, Nuclear Bombs which are ready to rip through entire Nations, and the overall dog-eat-dog world that we live in.

Well first of all, let’s face the facts. Gandhiji’s philosophy of non-violence & truth was the key to the Freedom Struggle’s success in attaining independence for India. He managed to unite our divided country and lit the fire in every Indian heart, which sparked off the movements against the British. But the times sure have changed from 1947. In today’s world, we have certain realities to deal with- the looming threat of terrorism in every part of the World, Wars such as the ongoing Iraq War, the possibility of Global Warming wiping out the entire planet, drugs, teenage shootings, crime, piracy, and a whole lot more such depressing problems. The point I’m getting at is that the existence of all these problems, is ALL THE MORE reason why Gandhian thought is of utmost significance today. Most people argue that non-violence is an unrealistic solution for any conflict, but here’s my point. Non-Violence is a way of thinking-it’s an approach which makes sure that we use our brains first, and teaches us that it’s only when we’re too dumb to sort out our differences through dialogue, that we resort to using our physical or military power. Non-Violence by no means says that you walk into the face of the cannon waving about a white flag, and then get your head blown off! Absolutely not! Non-Violence means that as human beings, we must use our in-born gifts of communication and intellectual reasoning to resolve any dispute. If we can’t manage to do that, then there’s no choice let but hara-kiri!

Gandhiji, once said, “An eye for an eye will make the whole World blind”. And don’t we see this happening already? Bin Laden went after the U.S. Then the U.S. went after him. When they couldn’t find him they thought let’s go after Afghanistan and Iraq anyway. This further pissed off Laden, who definitely wants to get back at the U.S. by planning another 9/11. So as we can see, this is a never-ending cycle, leading to self-annihilation! It’s evident that the path of violence certainly doesn’t help anyone achieve anything. Just a lot of bloodshed, if that is something that anyone would like to achieve.

All I’m trying to say is that if everyone plays out the role of being Gandhi just a little bit, like not lying or cheating on your girlfriend, or sitting down and talking it out with your bitter enemy, instead of having a full-blown gang fight, the world would be a much, much better place to live in. You don’t have to wear a dhoti or spectacles like Gandhiji to practice his philosophies. All you have to do is give truth and non-violence a chance, and then you’ll see how your life will become so much more peaceful and fulfilling. So, go ahead, and try to be Gandhi for a month, a week or at least a day. After all, if Munnabhai can do it, why can’t we, right? Until the next time, be cool Hyderabad!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Updates

July 2006

I was the only South Asian Filmmaker to participate in the IRMAS INTERNATIONAL YOUITH MEDIA SUMMIT (IIYMS) in LOS ANGELES, USA. The Summit was held from the 21st to the 30th of July, 2006.

IIYMS brought teenagers from 27 countries to speak out and to create awareness on the seven issues that most impact their future: Racism, Poverty, War & Violence, Health, Environment, Women’s Rights & Youth Empowerment. The V7 Summit is organized by The Teen International Media Exchange (T.I.M.E.), which is supported by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The sponsors of V7 also include The Audrey & Syndney Irmas Foundation, Health Net and the Los Angeles Unified School District.

I got the unique opportunity to work with other teen Filmmakers from all over the world, including Scotland, Sweden, Italy and many other professional filmmakers, sociologists and humanitarians who inspired me.

The Summit discussed 7 issues which Prior to the Summit, I was asked to make a 2 minute film on Racism. The result is ‘Colorblind’, which was screened in a Multiplex in L.A. Go ahead and check it out on the Filmography Page.


November 2006

I am invited to be a part of the Jury at the 36th ROSHD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in TEHRAN, IRAN. The Film Festival is from the 3rd to the 10th of November, 2006. Check back here for more info.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile

Hi! I’m Nikhil Acharya. I’m 19 years old. I direct. I write. I act. I also model. And I do all this when I’m not in college or partying. I also play basketball. Above all, I love life. And I believe there is no real way of doing this unless one takes risks and faces new challenges.

So what does this mean to you? It means that if you’re a creative person, who does any of the above-mentioned activities, I would love to get in touch with you. It means we can work together and create something fresh, new and path-breaking. If you don’t do any of the activities I have mentioned earlier, but are passionate about something, I still want to get in touch with you.

I invite you to watch my films, go through some of my writing, my pictures and basically refresh your senses. If you’re looking for a new perspective to filmmaking-a teenager’s perspective, you’re in the right place. So, sit back, relax, and have yourself an adventure. After all, what’s life without it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filmography

The seven short films I have made are ‘the faint project’, ‘The Jog’, ‘innosense’, ‘happenstance’ and ‘The Sign on the Wall’. All five films have gone through a different process for pre-production as well as different treatments in editing. Each film has a unique feel which is largely influenced by the score of the film as well as the film’s central theme-be it religious unity, or the dark thoughts of a troubled teen.

I have tried to make the characters in my films as real as possible.

The films deal with a lot of issues. Some are socio-political, while some psychological. All in all, I hope you will enjoy watching and critiquing the films.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Sign on the Wall
A SYNOPSIS

How does one interlink a sign on a wall to religious unity and peace? Well, “The Sign on the Wall” does just that. Terrorism and religious conflicts are harsh realities which today’s youth have to face. This short film is a heart-felt plea for peace, by a teenager to his fellow citizens, of not just any particular nation, but the entire world.

How long are we going to ignore the sign on the wall ?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Faint Project

A SYNOPSIS

A hacker faces his worst nightmare-his arch enemy, his only fear. Who is this man he fears? Find out in the video to faint for....



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“THE JOG”
A SYNOPSIS

“The Jog” is a parody of the “You are faster than you think” ad campaign of Nike. In the film, the Iraq War is seen from an Indian teenagers’ perspective. His opinions and thoughts of this controversial War are expressed in a narrative style. His cynicism and angst is evident from the images and sounds of the film.

So, are you ready for a jog?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Innosense

A SYNOPSIS

A dark secret. A dark past. And an even darker mind..

Will a teenager filled with hate and remorse survive in this race?

Find out in “innosense”…

“innosense” is a compelling music video which powerfully portrays the psyche of a teenager who is a product of the “Gun Culture.” He is an unpredictably volatile person, who is coming to grips with himself. In his search for his idenity (like many other teenagers) he is often confronted by various opponents and issues..which he MUST resolve in order to survive…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Happenstance

A SYNOPSIS

“India is changing. Her youth is changing…”

The film “happenstance” begins with this declaration which sets the tone for this docu-fiction based in India. The film interweaves the stories of two individuals, who are poles apart.

But during the course of the film, they meet each other. The mystery lies in the nature of their meeting as well as the consequences of this meeting. The film is a reflection of the prevailing socio-economic problems in the Indian Society, and is relevant for NRI’s and anyone who would like to look into the lives of the youth of India.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



COLORBLIND

A SYNOPSIS

Colorblind is a call for all of us across the world, to look into our hearts and minds, and confront our inner-most and darkest prejudices. In a world where the color of one’s skin can mean the difference between life and death (literally!), it is important that we stop our mindless prejudices from taking over our thoughts and actions. Colorblind shows us a child’s take on color and race, and reminds us that we are all humans after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypocrisy

A SYNOPSIS

Are we hypocritical? Religiously, morally and socially? The film “Hypocrisy” answers these questions using an incident (a rather humorous one!) in the ordinary life, of an ordinary person. But the incident is a reflection of the social hypocrisy prevalent in every sphere of life. Stop being a Hypocrite. Watch this film.

Written & Directed by Nikhil Acharya
Cast: Nikhil Acharya
Cinematography: Luv Tayal

Running time: 03 mins 03 sec


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: